Successfully Plan Your Folding Door Project
As you begin to plan your project, one of the main features of any house-to-backyard/deck design is the door you choose. In the past, the most common choice was the tried-and-true sliding patio door. However, over the past decade, more and more designers, architects, and builders have decided to opt for a bifold/folding patio door.
This has led to a great increase in both the number of homes that come equipped with folding patio doors and remodels that remove existing windows or sliding patio doors and replace them with a set of folding patio doors.
Planning for Success
Now is the time to really think through how you will be using your room and outside areas. Do you do a lot of entertaining? Do you want to remove the barrier (wall/door) that separates the inside of the house from the outside so that you can enjoy a beautiful day? Will you have any furniture near the door on either the inside or the outside? Would it help if you could control the ventilation across the opening?
Depending on the scope of your project, your approach may vary.
Simple Door Replacement
Do you have an old sliding or bifold door that is not functioning properly or has leaks? A Panoramic Door is often the preferred folding door solution for such situations for a variety of reasons.
- The Panoramic Door is a bottom track supported system. Because of this, in most cases, you can use your current header (the support beam above your existing door). Typical bifold doors hang from the top. This added weight often requires a stronger header to be installed in order to support the door. Having to replace the header can add a great sum to the cost of your project and you want to be able to avoid doing so if possible.
- All doors are custom made to fit your existing opening.
- Panoramic Doors are available in both vinyl and aluminum.
Remodeling Your Property
When considering all the options available for remodeling, one of the most impactful features you can add is a Panoramic folding patio door. With a Panormaic door you can:
- Maximize the size of the opening to remove the barrier between the inside and outside.
- Create the air of luxury in your home, business or restaurant.
- Gain control of the air and traffic flow in and out of the room.
The recent move towards having a more open and expansive design has led more and more people planning the architecture around their Panoramic folding patio door.
- Enjoy more flexibility and both size and operation direction.
- The design of the outside deck, patio, or yard is often influenced by the door selection.
- Gain more control over the placement of the bottom track for a smoother transition from inside to outside.
Steps to Ordering Your Door
1. Get Your Quote
Getting your quote is fast and simple with our online quoting app. Us it to price out various sizes, options, and configurations to see what works best for your design and budget. There is no need to wait for a dealer to get back to you. And, because you are ordering factory direct, you know you are always getting the best price.
2. Order Your Door
When you have made your decision and know your timeline you are ready to order your door. Because all Panoramic Doors are custom built for your customers you will need to allow time for the fabrication of your door(s). There are not set production times as we work to manufacture your door according to your requirements. Planning ahead will help to make your project go smoothly.
3. Installing Your Door
Unlike the typical bifold ‘top-hung’ (hangs from the header) patio door with all its panel-to-panel hinges, the Panoramic folding patio door does not require a specialized skill set for proper installation. We have an installation video series that will take you or your installer through each step of the installation. Be sure to follow the steps as outlined in the videos you will have a great installation with the added bonus of not having to pay for a “specialist” to get the job done.